MC Ergo Respects Your Privacy
Does MCergo.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We use customer information only as described below. The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at MCergocom. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store some of the information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Examples of what we collect are below. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MCergo.com and other content served by or on behalf of MCergo.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from MCergo.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Newsletter Setting in your Log in Account Page .
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
How Secure Is My Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We encrypt passwords for your online purchasing account using the same salt algorithms as the Federal Government.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, or participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through MCergo.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in your address book settings; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information, including Social Securitynumber, Federal Identification Numbers, and driver's license numbers.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with other information. Also the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We may also use browser data such as cookies, or similar data on certain parts of our Web site for fraud prevention and other purposes. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information. Search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our partners such as, Alexa Internet and Google.com; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.